Last updated June 2022
Technossus respects your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice explains who we are, how we collect, share and use personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights. It applies to all individuals who access our website at www.technossus.com (Website) or license our services (Services).
In some instances, we cooperate with external service providers. If we (or third parties on our behalf) collect and process personal information, we apply Fair Information Practice Principles (FIPPs) In addition, without being legally obliged, we also orient ourselves according to the requirements of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This data protection notice explains how we do this.
1. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DATA PROCESSING?The responsible party for the data processing is Technossus, 17885 Von Karman Ave., #210, Irvine, 92614, USA. For more information about Technossus and the services we provide, please see the “About Us” section of our Website at https://www.technossus.com/company/.
2. WHAT DOES TECHNOSSUS DO?Technossus is the trading name of Technossus, Technossus UK, and Technossus Software Services PVT.
3. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?There are various ways and reasons for Technossus’ collection of personal information.
- Information that you provide voluntarily
We collect personal information that you provide voluntarily through our Website, for example when completing online forms to contact us or register for events that we are organizing. The information we collect about you may include some or all of the following:
- Name and job title
- Company or organization
- Contact information, including email address and telephone number(s)
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests
- Other information relevant to client surveys or similar research
- Information pertinent to fulfilling our Services to you
- Any other personal information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us.
- Information that we collect automatically
When you visit our Website, we may collect certain personal information automatically from your device. Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification number, browser type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location), and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website, including the pages accessed and links clicked. Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors. Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained in our Cookie Notice.
- Subscription for the News Alert
If you have subscribed to the News Alert, we will use your e-mail address to send you News Alerts. You can unsubscribe at any time (via the link in every News Alert or by e-mail to (email@example.com) In addition to the e-mail address required for registration, you are free to provide your name and, if applicable, a company name. Our legitimate interest to inform you about our services forms the basis of this data processing.
- Using the Contact Form
The contact form on our Website gives you the opportunity to contact us. To use the contact form, you must enter your name and e-mail address. The personal information collected in this way will be deleted within 30 days of your request being processed. Your consent forms the basis of this data processing.
4. WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?We use your personal information to facilitate the provision of our Services to you, the client. The information our clients provide may be disclosed to third parties to the extent that it is reasonably necessary in connection with provisioning the Services. As part of our processing of information for marketing purposes, we may collect information from responses provided to marketing campaigns via email and surveys This information would be used for internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality, relevance, and compliance of our marketing.
5. DO WE SHARE WITH OTHERS?We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- To our partnerships operating under the Technossus brand, as well as third-party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us (for example, for Website visitors who subscribe to our blogs, our blog e-mail delivery provider; our website spam security service.)
- To any competent law enforcement body, regulator, government agency, court, or another third party where we believe disclosure is necessary: (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person
- To a potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed purchase, merger, or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice; and
- To a person you have given us your consent to disclose to
6. WHAT IS OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION?Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you (for example, when providing our Services), or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to process personal information about you or may need to process personal information in order to exercise, establish or defend legal claims.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information (including any legitimate interests relied upon), please send an email to PRIVACY@TECHNOSSUS.COM.
Social media plug-ins are used on our Website to facilitate recommending and sharing our articles on the social networks LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube. Responsibility for information protection compliant operations lies with the respective providers. Information will only be transferred to the mentioned providers if you are logged in with your profile on the corresponding social network. We have neither influence nor access to cookies that are placed by providers of social networks. For this reason, reference is made to the privacy statement of the relevant provider.
7. HOW SECURE IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information.
8. WHAT ARE YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS?You have rights of access, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, and data portability, to revoke your consent and to object. If you believe that the processing of your data infringes your data protection laws, you can report this to us or the relevant supervisory authority. You have the right to object at any time to our data processing that is based on our legitimate interest or that occurs for direct marketing purposes. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. We respond to all requests received from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
European Union Data Subject Rights EU Residents
Contact Details for Technossus’ Data Protection Officer and EU Representative
Technossus (17885 Von Karman Ave., Suite 210, Irvine, CA 92614, USA) is the controller for personal data collected in connection with the use of the Services in the EEA, the UK and Switzerland. Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted as directed by the How to Contact Us section.
For EU personal data protection, Technossus has nominated a GDPR Representative Lionheart Squared who may be contacted at:
EU GDPR Article 27 Representative
Lionheart Squared (Europe) Ltd (FAO Technossus)
2 Pembroke House
Upper Pembroke Street 28-32
Dublin, D02 EK84
Republic of Ireland
UK GDPR Article 27 Representative
Lionheart Squared Limited, (FAO Technossus)
17 Glasshouse Studios
Fryern Court Road
Hampshire, SP6 1QX UK
9. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERSOur partnerships operating under the COMPANY brand and third-party service providers operate in Europe, India, the US, and around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information it may be processed in countries that may have data protection laws that are different from the laws of your country. However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that the personal information we process will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice when transferred internationally, including when processed internationally by our third-party service providers and partners. If you have questions about or need further information concerning international data transfers, please send an email to PRIVACY@TECHNOSSUS.COM.
10. DATA RETENTIONWe will retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements). When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. If you have questions about or need further information concerning our data retention periods, please send an email to PRIVACY@TECHNOSSUS.COM.
11. HOW TO CONTACT US?If you have questions about or need further information concerning this Privacy Notice, please send an email to PRIVACY@TECHNOSSUS.COM.
12. CAN WE CHANGE THIS PRIVACY NOTICE?You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.